Abercrombie & Fitch Co. today reported net sales of $228.3 million for the five-week period ended October 1, 2005, a 31% increase over last year's September sales of $174.7 million. September comparable store sales increased 21% compared with the five-week period ended October 2, 2004.
Year-to-date, the Company reported a net sales increase of 36% to $1.634 billion from $1.200 billion last year. Comparable store sales increased 24% for the year-to-date period.
September 2005 Highlights
– Total Company net sales increased 31%
– Total Company comparable store sales increased 21%
– Abercrombie & Fitch comparable store sales increased 15%
– abercrombie comparable store sales increased 58%
– Hollister Co. comparable store sales increased 19%
The Company operated 352 Abercrombie & Fitch stores, 163 abercrombie stores, 289 Hollister Co. stores and 6 RUEHL stores at the end of fiscal September. The Company operates e-commerce websites at http://www.abercrombie.com, http://www.abercrombiekids.com, and http://www.hollisterco.com.