Italian textile and apparel group Ermenegildo Zegna S.p.A. said that in 2000 turnover increased by 25 % to ITL 1.2 trillion (EUR 632.6m). Net profit increased by 23 % to ITL 96bn (EUR 49.5m).
The Asian markets accounted for an above-average 20 %, the US and Europe accounted for 40 % of the company's total turnover. Apparel and accessories accounted for 85 % of the turnover, textiles for the remaining 15 %.
At the end of 2000, Trivero, Biella-based Zegna operated 337 own stores, thus exceeded its goal of opening 300 stores in 2000. 274 of the stores were Ermenegildo Zegna stores, 63 Zegna Sport stores. The group is set to continue its expansion trail. By the end of 2001, Zegna plans to increase its number of stores to 400, of which 78 will be own stores.